Monday 27 June 2011

Random

Random is a fashionable word, innit?

I don't ordinarily use it myself. I've even had occasion to argue its suitability. Can something be, like, totally random, fairly random, randomly random? I see random as an absolute - something is either random, or it's not.

This is:

Abba
As I was cycling my merry way to work this sunny morning at around 7.30am, I passed through the eternally sleepy village of Jeffreyston, Pembrokeshire. On the edge of the village is a bench. Not a very pretty or appealing bench, made from recycled burger boxes by the look of it, and it doesn't offer a splendid view or anything, it just faces a tangle of trees on the other side of the road. This morning, as you can see in the photo, it had a crumpled vinyl copy of Abba's Super Trouper album on it (which wasn't there when I came back that way this evening). How random is that?

No comments: