Wednesday 1 February 2012

Audaxity

Yes, I know.

I joined Audax UK back in December, just before Christmas.

It seemed like the logical next step, joining a group of amateur enthusiasts, all intent on riding as far as they possibly can, at feasible speeds. I already know a few "randonneurs" anyway.

The first Audax I've signed up for is on 12th February. 10 days away.

It's a 100k ride (I now have to think in kilometres rather than miles, which will be a bit of a challenge for a while).

It's in Leicester, which is around 250 miles away from where I live.

I have a friend who lives halfway.

The original "plan" was to ride from here to Gloucestershire on Friday, stay with friend, then ride from Gloucs to Leics on Saturday, do the ride on the Sunday, and return in the same fashion over Monday and Tuesday.

Then some work came in on the Friday.

Plan B is to cycle to Gloucs on Saturday, and stay with friend, who will then drive us both to Leicester very early on the Sunday morning, and we will ride together (plus Leicester friend), returning to Gloucs in the evening, so I can cycle back to Pembrokeshire on Monday.

This will cover around 300 miles (er, 420k or thereabouts, I think...) over 3 days.

That should wake me up!

 

No comments: