Wednesday 4 May 2011

Day Off!

Today is my last day off in what looks like a long time! (By "day off", I mean a weekday when my children are at school, and I have no work to do, paid or otherwise). Tomorrow, I do my first cycle safety checks of the season at Monkton and Hook schools, and then next week Cycle Safety Training begins. For a couple of months it will mean I'm working Mondays and Fridays at Bluestone, and Tuesday to Thursday I will be in various schools around Pembrokeshire teaching years 5 and 6 how to cycle safely on our roads. The furthest school is Fenton School in Haverfordwest, a 12 mile commute along the lovely Brunel Cycle trail, so almost completely traffic free. It will mean that for 3 solid weeks I will be cycling over 25 miles per day, 5 days a week, which totals, er, 375 miles. Niiice. Of course, most of the time spent between commutes is spent on my feet, shouting at children. Hopefully no children will be harmed or lost during these exercises.

I will map my progress on my GPS and post regular updates on how far (and how high!) I've cycled.

 

No comments: