Sunday 23 May 2010

A BAD DAY

Today was to be a day of cycling and fishing - cycling leisurely around in the morning sun, then meeting up with a friend later for my first ever fishing lesson, only it didn't quite turn out that way. My cycling mitts went missing. A small thing, you might think, but no. I have two functioning pairs and either one would do, but only one mitt was found. Our house is so small, so chaotic, that finding something like a fingerless glove goes well beyond needle-in-haystack territory. I was seriously pissed off. Voices were raised, and not just mine. There was no way I was even going to attempt any serious distance without padding on my ulnar nerves - I suffer badly with wrist pain and pins-and-needles at the best of times, so that got cancelled in a fit of fury, and I almost cancelled the fishing trip when I found I couldn't get a lift, but thought better of it, and cycled the 10 or so miles to meet my friend, who'd gone to the trouble of sorting me out some tackle. It was quite enjoyable, even though we didn't catch anything, and we spent a pleasurable couple of hours clambering around on the cliffs just south of Tenby and learning to cast a line. The rock climbing took its toll on my knees, and left me in quite severe pain by the time I got home, which was a little worrying. I'm still ridiculously stressed by an accumulation of things today, and pray it passes quickly so I can get some sleep.

No comments: