Monday 10 May 2010

REVIVAL

Hello again dear blog.
It's been much longer than I thought, and much has happened.
I have moved away in search of work and a new life for my family, and I have returned, though not quite empty handed.
I was in Cardiff for three months. On my first visit to the Jobcentre, the first job which came up on a jobpoint was a vacancy for a cycle mechanic and hire operator for a local charity, The Pedal Power Project. I knew the job was mine. A month later I started work.
Two months later I had to leave.
Accommodation problems, and domestic unease, meant I had to beat a somewhat hasty retreat to Pembrokeshire. My lovely family are delighted to have me home, but I'm again unemployed with little chance of employment any time soon. To quote the late, great Warren Zevon: "Oh no, these Blues are gonna rub me raw..."

No comments: