Monday 10 May 2010

SUSTRANS

Over the past year or so I've become very disenfranchised with Sustrans. While I entirely commend and support what they do, and what they stand for, I don't like the way the Ranger Programme is being managed. Being a Liaison Ranger is a thankless task with few rewards. Not that rewards or recognition are what I'm after.
It seems to me that the vast majority of Sustrans Rangers are completely inactive (other Liaison Rangers corroborate this) yet the Sustrans Volunteer coordinators are loathe to do anything about this, which I personally find disrespectful to the few of us who are actively working for them.
When I moved to Cardiff I was welcomed by the local Liaison Ranger, who was delighted that there was someone else prepared to roll his sleeves up.
Now I've moved back to Pembrokeshire I'm not feeling so enthusiastic.
I'm quite prepared to sit on the sidelines and watch what happens. I'm sure it won't take much of my attention.

No comments: