Tuesday 1 January 2013

1st January 2013

Peace be with you in this New Year.

A day of mixed emotions, bikewise.

My broken left wrist cannot find a comfortable rest on my lovely, unusual, leather clad Randonneur bars (On-One Midge), so they have to come off, to be replaced with boring, predictable flat bars taken from my wife's Specialized Vita, which now has butterfly bars (which may be the way to go for me, we're still experimenting.)

I have also added my Airstryke Aero bars, so I can support my elbows and take the weight off my wrists whenever possible.

I'm disappointed. I fitted Brooks bartape, which is not cheap. It was weathering nicely. I also bought Cane Creek V brake levers for drop handlebars, again, not cheap, and also unusual. My cockpit setup always drew interest and favourable comments.

However, what's the use of a great-looking bike if you can't ride it? About as much use as a chocolate teapot.

I'm prepared to make whatever sacrifices and changes are necessary to get cycling again.

Happynewyearbike

No comments: