Friday 14 March 2008

HELLO SENSELESSNESS MY OLD FRIEND

Last night was a bad one - I had diarrhea so bad that I was expelling nothing but water, the acid in my stomach was boiling up almost into my mouth, and my shoulder slowly got worse and worse. A li'l cannabis helped me sleep for a few hours, but this morning I was struggling, to say the least. I phoned the doctor's, then while waiting for a call back, I phoned my Bowens Practitioner to cancel today's appointment, and explained that I would call back after seeing my GP.
Imodium and Tramadol were quickly issued - that man needs a holiday. He can't wait to get people out of his office (or is it me?). He also advised keeping my arm in a sling for a few hours each day. I'll give it a try.
As it turns out I needn't have cancelled my appointment with my therapist as I was in and out of the surgery well in time to get the train to Narberth, but she is only contactable on her home phone, so I couldn't rearrange, which is typical.
Tramadol do sort out any pain issues, but at a price. I can't think clearly, and I'm not supposed to be cycling while "under the influence", but the pain is so acute at the moment that I'll forgo those privileges. I've decided that my bikes can have long-overdue services anyway, and clarity of thought isn't really necessary for those jobs.
I don't like the paralysis that imodium imposes on the bowel, it feels completely unnatural, but it is a necessity at the moment.

No comments: