Thursday 6 March 2008

IN THE BLEARISOME BLUR

I have been suffering for two weeks now with a very painful shoulder after tumbling off my bike. The doctor prescribed low dosage valium and ibuprofen for a week, which frankly have had no effect. I went for a session of BOWEN'S TECHNIQUE last Friday, which felt good at the time, but left me in complete agony over the weekend, which probably wasn't helped by travelling by train to Cardiff on Saturday for a Sustrans Ranger Day, but it was something I felt I needed to attend, and I'm glad I did.
Since the prescription ran out I've been using up my old stock of Co-Dydramol and Diclofenac, and the pain does seem to be abating slightly. I have a second session of Bowens booked for Friday, and see no point in seeing my doctor before then.
I find that keeping myself active helps (don't take backache lying down!) and to this end I have done a checking ride on my "patch" of NCN Route 4, which runs between Pembroke Dock and St Florence. I also cycled on into Tenby to see if I could follow the signs through Kiln Park into Tenby, which is the official route, and (to my surprise) I managed it.
In the end it was a round trip of 29 miles - I took it easy and had plenty of stops to check signs etc.
Since the Ranger Day I've been asked to write a piece on the Brunel Cycle Trail and supply a few photos, for the Hub, a magazine circulated by Sustrans, which I'm delighted to accept.

No comments: