Tuesday 11 March 2008

A WEIGHTY MATTER

I have put quite a bit of weight on recently, and clocked in at a hefty and depressing 15 stone a couple of weeks ago, which I found shocking.
There are numerous factors involved - the bilateral hernia operation in August last year left me with limited mobility for about 3 months, then there was Christmas. After that there was a change in antidepressants which my doctor thinks might be responsible for some of the gain in weight. Underpinning all that is the fact that I gave up smoking on 25th April 2007, so I have been eating more than I used to.
But I'm not here to make excuses. I weighed myself today and clocked in at 14.5 stone, so a slight loss in weight since last time, probably due to the current diarrhea brought on with the anti-inflammatories.
So, at 15 stone I consider myself to be a minimum of 3 stone overweight. I hate how I feel physically, so it's now time to do something about it, with spring just around the corner.

No comments: