Tuesday 11 March 2008

LINGERING PAIN

My shoulder is still in agony, three weeks after the original accident, if that is what caused it. I have had two sessions of Bowens Therapy, and have a third session booked for this Friday, though I'm unconvinced it will make any difference. I have been taking strong painkillers a few times a day, diclofenac as an anti-inflammatory, and smoking a little cannabis (purely for medicinal reasons of course), but to no effect, which is very worrying.
I saw my doctor yesterday, who checked the mobility of the shoulder, which is fine - it's only when I'm immobile that the pain is at its worst. He prescribed a stronger anti-inflammatory, "Mobic" or "Meloxicam" - 7.5mg daily.
They have had precisely no effect at all so far other than to give me dreadful diarrhea which means I dare not stray further than a few feet from the nearest toilet. I'll cope with that if they work, but again, I'm not hopeful, even though this is only the second day. I can double the dose if necessary.
It's worrying for a couple of reasons - one is that, like the operation, the recovery time seems disproportionately long. The other is that nothing seems to be working on it.
There is an advert on Welsh TV at the moment which says "Don't take back pain lying down", and encourages people with backache to exercise. I'M EXERCISING! The website is www.welshbacks.co.uk and is a complete waste of time.

No comments: