Monday 7 April 2008

LONG TIME NO SEE

I didn't realise it had been quite so long since my last post, but it has been impossible to keep a daily blog during the easter holidays. There is a lot to catch up on now the children and wife are all back at school. My shoulder has improved dramatically after a visit to a recommended physiotherapist, Gavin McCoy of Haverfordwest, who got straight to the root of the problem, a few misaligned vertebrae in the middle of my back. I'm still not 100%, but there was a marked improvement the day after seeing him, and he has given me a couple of "exercises" (which involve lying down) which should sort the rest out. I also had a session of Kinesiology with my Bowens therapist and her colleague (more about that in a separate blog), but I don't think that had any effect.
I am still employed, but for how much longer I have no idea. There was mention at the last meeting of all the absence I had from last year, so they're obviously counting the days, at last. I look forward to being set free soon. I have lodged an appeal against the disgusting decision of my complaint of harrassment and bullying, and am once more playing the ridiculous waiting game that follows any such action. Thinking about it makes me mad and makes me paranoid, so I won't discuss that any further just yet.
Last week I went back to Cardigan for a Word Up! Poetry night featuring A F Harrold - again, more about that in a separate blog when I get time.
I have taken up the knitting needles again after a long lay-off and am currently learning how to cable. More about that on my knitting blog.
I now have the information I need to get on with some Celtic Knot Design - more about that on a separate blog too.
Medically, things are pretty much as they were - I'm still vastly overweight - currently hovering around the 14.5 stone mark. I was 15 stone a few weeks ago so there is slight improvement, but obviously the shoulder injury has prevented any serious exercise, though I have managed to up the mileage I've been cycling recently. I'm still unhappy about my energy levels.
My medication regime is quite stripped down, I'm currently taking Omeprazole to regulate my stomach acid, still on the antidepressant Cipralex, though I'm not convinced it's actually doing anything, and I have been taking Tramadol for my shoulder, but there is little need for that at the moment. Abdominal pain is still there, but tolerable most of the time. Hernia pain seems to be on the wane, but I don't think it will completely disappear.
I now need to give my Road Bike a complete service after the winter, and get it race ready again. I need a new bottom bracket, and then I'd like to change the gearing, perhaps by putting a compact chainset on, which seems the easiest option. I shall discuss this at the bikeshop sometime this week.

No comments: