Monday 28 April 2008

A NEW DAY

It's the Monday Morning after a really crap weekend, most of which I can't remember. The main incident was on Saturday Night and completely eclipsed everything else which might have been good about the weekend. The Noisy Neighbours came round to abuse and threaten me again, this time charging me with taking photos of their children. They simply will not accept that their children and their friends are liars (even though they encourage them to lie, steal and cheat at every opportunity). The father was nearest the door, but still at some distance, and did most of the talking, threatening me with allsorts, including the police, to which I agreed. His wife was at the gate, surrounded by a gang of kids, mostly teenagers, and when he got nowhere, she started hurling the abuse, whereupon I shut the door on them and called the police myself. Within minutes the whole family was dispersed, presumably collecting alibis.
Two Community Support Officers attended within about 10 minutes, and promised to look into the problem. I phoned again yesterday as I had heard nothing back, and spoke to the older officer, who said "As you've sent a report of this to your local councillor, we're just going to treat this as a neighbour disagreement, which is nothing to do with us".
At this I went ballistic. Within an hour two "proper coppers" came to the house, and I filled them in with what had happened, whereupon they said they would speak to the neighbours.
Since then I've had abuse shouted at me by strangers in the street, but nothing physical has happened as yet, though I get the feeling it will.
As a family we are sick of this. We have no privacy, no peace and quiet, no quality of life to speak of. On Saturday, my wife was in the garden with our children, and had to put up with continued abuse shouted across and things thrown at them. Their behaviour is disgusting.
Our Councillor has taken our side in this and has forwarded emails on to the Housing Officer, though I fully expect he will take as much action as usual, i.e. none at all. I'd like us to be moved away completely, but most of the areas to which we could move are probably a lot worse, so it would be a leap from the frying pan.

No comments: