Wednesday 13 July 2011

Test Flight

Surly_x_check_1
Not quite race-fit, as the front tyre punctured on the way home from the test flight.

Hardly anything of substance made it across from the old bike apart from the wheels, so it feels very very different.

Have to get used to operating downtube shifters again, feels very strange after so many years. New, smaller chainset means all my gearing feels different too. I was so used to the old gears I'd know exactly how many gears I had in reserve while climbing, and how near to top I was while descending. I'll have to re-learn all that.

The jury's out on the butterfly bars. I'm sure they'll be cool, but it's hard to know where to put them for best results. Where they go dictates length of brake cable, so it's important to get it right.

Awesome colour!

No comments: