Friday 1 February 2008

COMPETITION WINNER

I remember dreaming I was in pain.
Despite the relative clarity of the sky this morning, I had already decided I was taking the bus to Haverfordwest for my meeting with the Pembrokeshire Horseriding, Walking and Cycling Officer. Having failed to meet him yesterday I was not letting anything get in the way today. Despite harsh temperatures it was a delightfully sunny day. Another good meeting - it's hard to get words in edgewise, the guy is so enthusiastic, but I managed to get a few points across, and the whole thing was amicable and productive.
I had time for a brief shopping spree, and as it was a farmer's market I stocked up on edibles for the weekend, and treated us to a new electric coffee grinder. Thought about getting some new shoes in the Clarks sale, but the ones I liked weren't sufficiently reduced.
Caught the bus back home, and remarkably, both journeys were pleasant and hassle-free.
When I got home there was an email awaiting me from Big Issue North, saying I'd won the photographic competition! (click on the headline to see the winning photograph, subject "New Year Resolutions". I can't even remember what the prize is! It really did give me a boost in every direction. I've committed myself to a few meetings and days out to do with cycling, and haven't given work a second thought. Till now.

No comments: