Wednesday 20 February 2008

NEW MORNINGS

I'm trying to get the hang of mornings. They're not something I've had much truck with over the years, and in fact during my tenure at the Attik, they ceased to exist completely. At the moment I'm getting up somewhere between Seven and Eight am. Jasmine and Dylan, the older two, go off to school around 8am for Breakfast Club, so it helps matters if I can be awake enough to supervise the twins while Angie takes them, then comes back. The alternative is for her to take them all, then go to the park with the twins till they're allowed in school at 8.50, and at the moment it's just too cold to do that.
It's an intense time. The kids are excited and hyper, Angie is usally storming round swearing under her breath for no reason or shouting at the top of her voice, and I'm trying to wake up gently.
Once they've gone it's a big relief, and I like to check my emails over breakfast.
I've started getting back into the breadmaking routine, so first thing is to sort out the dough for the day. I'm buying a food processor this weekend which will speed the process up slightly, and a large breadbin for storage.
At the moment, stews and casseroles are favourite for dinner, so I like to get those ready and in the oven before lunchtime, which leaves me free until 3pm. I like to listen to Radio 6 Music in the kitchen, as they play some good music, but the presenters are starting to grate on my nerves somewhat.

No comments: