Thursday 7 February 2008

FOGGY DAY

Very dull. managed again to wake myself earlyish, but getting out of bed was another matter. Good job I did as radio 6 phoned about 9.30 to check that I'd be OK to chat about my requested lost record (Say It Ain't So Joe, by Murray Head) in the afternoon. That kind of set me up for the day and galvanised my thoughts, so I got the shopping and chores done in good time, and sorted out the dough from last night's sponge. Fish and chips for tea tonight.
The radio conversation went on a bit - managed to get in mentions for Richard Hawley and Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, who have excellent CDs out right now, and also the French/Canadian animation Belleville Rendezvous as my favourite "film without stars".
A bit of email banter with Ted in Leicester, which is always good.
Feeling very down-home today. A bit hazy, probably because I remembered to take my medication. Hard to marshall thoughts into coherence.

No comments: