Monday 5 November 2007

LOST SOUL


I'm starting this blog in an attempt to diarise some aspects of my life in the hope of understanding them better. My life has changed quite dramatically, quite a few times in the past 15 years. Back then I was a Nightclub/Restaurant/Venue Manager (and loving it), a performance poet touring regularly and running my own club (and loving it) with a couple of books and recordings to my name. I was single, drifting through a series of wrong relationships. Now, I'm happily married with 4 young children, working as a Civil Servant (and hating every minute of it), I've just resigned as Chairperson of a Poetry Club because I just don't want to do it anymore, and I'm not sure where I'm going. I don't write very much (or very well) anymore, though I keep telling myself I'll go back to it when circumstances change (the "when I reach the border" syndrome) but I'm not so sure. The only creative outlet I currently enjoy is photography. My 2 bicycles are my primary mode of transport (a mountain bike and a road bike), and I enjoy cycling - it gives me an excuse to get some solitary time, which hardly exists at home. I have kept an informal blog for the last year or so at moblog.co.uk and have found it very useful in many ways, so I'm thinking something more "in depth" might prove equally useful.
I am recovering from recent surgery, struggling with depression and a complete lack of motivation. I have to return to a job I hate after an absence of 8 months. I need to lose some weight and get fit again. I need to shake off this depression. This is where it all starts. "Change my way of thinkin'... make myself a different set of rules"

No comments: