Monday 12 November 2007

MONDAY BLUES

Yes. Everybody gets the Monday Blues, we're led to believe.
I have to start work again tomorrow after a layoff of almost 9 months (3 seasons - it does have a pleasing symmetry to it) which I'm not looking forward to at all. The Department, predictably, are being hopelessly pedantic about the whole thing. I was asked to get supporting medical evidence for going back to work part time, and my doctor is writing a letter of support, but that is not enough. They've asked me (with 3 days notice) to talk to my doctor about my proposed hours and get a written agreement from him, which I'm trying to do over the phone to save wasting valuable time. Whilst waiting for a callback I've taken two calls for my wife relating to the voluntary work she does, which annoys me as she has a mobile phone, and knows my memory isn't what it could or should be.
I have, over the past few days, rearranged the computer, so it is now hooked up to the main television in the living room and to the hifi. I had converted many CDs to MP3 to create a virtual jukebox, but noticed that on my MP3 player the volume was very varied, so decided to re-import them into Media Player and normalise the sounds. Clearing out the list in media player has deleted all the MP3s from my files. Fuck, Fuck, Fuck. (and before you say there's no need to swear, there is. This is actually the best reason I've found for swearing since my bike threw me over the handlebars on my way home from work on one of the few days that I wasn't wearing my mitts. I felt sorry for the woman in the car who stopped to offer assistance - her ears were assailed by the most inventive torrent of expletives I've ever put together.)
So, today, instead of making the most of my "last day of freedom" (till they sack me) I'm sat here ripping tracks. Arse.

No comments: