Thursday 8 November 2007

THURSDAY NIGHT

It's now 23:00 and I could really do with having a bath and getting to bed, but I need to get this down before it evaporates. The rain this afternoon did not last long, and it was quite clear by the time I needed to set off for Tenby. Riding felt good, and I opted for the better but more arduous route over The Ridgeway. I did stop for a breather halfway, but made the ascent from Lamphey without too much agony, and the rest of the ride was a breeze as I had the wind behind me.
The meditation class was excellent (only Ann and myself there) and I came out of there with no thoughts of getting the train. We covered a lot of ground, which included "singing bowls" which were superb.
Coming back it was cold, but a clear night with lots of stars. My new bikelight was excellent, illuminating my way admirably, and causing oncoming motorists to dip their headlights well in advance (well, most of them).
I was most pleased to have achieved the ascent from Penally in one go - it's a real killer of a climb, and I think that's the first time I've attempted it.
Journey time was about an hour in each direction, and the distance is around 12 miles, so I'm happy with that for now. Muscles are aching, but there are no ominous twinges from the new scars, which is encouraging.
See? I told you Thursdays are the best days! (forgot to buy Cycling Weekly, so that's a bonus for tomorrow).

No comments: