Saturday 24 November 2007

SATURDAY

One of my GPs phoned me back when I tried to make an appointment on Friday afternoon, after the informal meeting at work, which went very well. I explained the situation at work, and added that I felt that more time off work would not be productive for my general recovery and rehabilitation. After a little negotiation, it was agreed that I should take a tranquilliser for a few days to get me through the worst of it, and I was able to pick up a prescription for diazepam.
I fell asleep quite early on Friday night and slept soundly, but still felt very weary and lacklustre all day today, though this could be a combination of things; the weather, my general state of health (I have a chesty cough at the moment) and the general stress of what I'm going through. When the incident happened, although it was quite a shock, as I contemplated what I might do about it, I felt quite good about being given the chance to "put the boot in", but it has since developed into much more than that. I'm still well aware that it's basically my word against his, and if he chooses to deny that the incident ever happened then it can probably progress no further. However, I do not think that would be his reaction, somehow. Also, because the allegations are of harrassment and bullying, I am able to provide a history of incidents leading up to this contretemps. There are also other members of the Union who have been subject to his outbursts, so there are a few things in my favour.
Anxiety about the whole situation does seem to be getting the better of me. I have already unearthed a few truths that I had hoped did not exist, and one wonders how much further up the line this whole thing goes. For instance - he has regular meeting with the contact centre manager, and for some reason he does this on his own, which I understand to be against union policy. I don't like the way conspiracy theories can grip the mind. I want to push this thing through and get a result at the end of it, but I don't want it to be in the forefront of my mind the whole time, so perhaps this is a good time to change the subject.
Before the meeting I had a slow ride up and down the dock - out to Llanreath, across to Hobbs Point, and then up to the bridge. It was a beautiful day, intense low sunlight, and I'm glad I was able to enjoy some of it.

No comments: