Wednesday 16 January 2008

OFF AGAIN

After a visit to my GP yesterday I have a sicknote for one month, and I feel relieved, even though this may result in me getting the sack. The thought of cycling up that hill in the earlymorning just to four hours of answering soul-destroying calls from scottishpeople wanting crisis loans is just too much to bear at the moment. I want to hang on in there to see this complaint through to its bitter end, now it has come this far. After the meeting in Leeds I was all for leaving PCS and joining another union, but as this would be leaving the other reps to fight the battle on their own I wouldn't feel too good about this, and have decided to see it through.
Now I don't have the pressure of work for the next month I feel a bit better, and I am starting the new course of antidepressants today.
I have enjoyed blogging my photos from Leeds and savouring some of the thoughts and memories from those few days. I have also been enjoying my three new CDs; it is a long time since music has grabbed me the way these have, and it's nice that I have more than one CD to play to death.
Sustrans work has been frustrating, but I think we are reaching an understanding at last, and I am looking forward to the meeting on 26th January. There is also the chance to meet Rob Penn next Monday - he is writing a book about The Celtic Trail, and riding sections of it. I'm hoping to ride from Haverfordwest to Tenby with him, if I can rearrange the appointment at the Memory Clinic.

No comments: