Wednesday 30 January 2008

WHY WEDNESDAY?

Because it's the middle of the week, that's why. But why is the famous Pembrokeshire Promise "I'll have it done by Wednesday"? Who can fathom the ways of the Welsh, eh?
It was hard getting to sleep last night - tried without amitriptylene, but ended up taking 50mg round midnight, and didn't properly wake up until around 11am. Weird film on Film4 about 2 guys going out into the mountains of California - "Old Joy". It seemed to be completely lacking in joy.
It's the Union ACM at our office later today. I've asked to be nominated for a couple of positions - Equality Officer and Lead Rep, as well as Office Rep for which I was already nominated. I have no faith in our lot to run things legally, but we'll see.
My nemesis Mike Kelly has apparently fallen off a ladder and broken his wrist - highly ironic that he is our H&S Rep. I don't feel any sympathy for him whatsoever, but neither do I feel any joy - my first thought was that it was highly convenient that he has to go off sick just when my case against him is hotting up.
I've got my nominations in, hopefully, and that's as much thought as I'm prepared to give the subject. Any more would bring on anxiety.
It's sunny outside, so I'm not going to sit around in here all day, though I do need to prepare my cider-vinegar muffins for cooking later before I go out.

No comments: