Thursday 17 January 2008

WEDNESDAY

I recall at the Moblog Meeting on Saturday that we had a lighthearted discussion on days of the week, which were the best and worst and why, and Wednesday came out pretty badly. I'm generally in favour of Wednesdays; they are the point on which the whole week pivots - in a working week, it's all downhill from Wednesday lunchtime onwards. They are a vital part of the Pembrokeshire Promise ("I'll have it done by Wednesday" but which Wednesday is never specified), and today, I've just checked on the calendar, is actually Thursday. This happens far too often to be funny, and it's things like this have led me to get my memory checked out. I'm aware at work that I've been putting the wrong date on claims because of this, only by the time I realise, it's too late to go and change it.
Council contractors are painting our new doors today - I can hear their radios and chatter, and the odd thud and thump coming from somewhere. I suppose it makes a change from kids screaming at each other or the incessant yapping of Yorkshire Terriers.

No comments: