Friday 21 December 2007

DECEMBER NOSTALGIA

Looks like I'm going to Leeds on 11th January! Just when I'd decided to forget about the whole grievance issue, I get an email telling me the Union President is requesting an audience with me on 11th January, to look at what has been going on within our branch.
This is just the kind of news I need, and Sonia too from the sound of her email. Rob will no doubt end up annoyed that he's not going and will probably try to inveigle himself onto the trip.
Now to re-forget it all over again!
I'm getting that December nostalgia- when people you've meant to get in touch with creep into the consciousness. It's much easier to assuage when the person has an email address or a mobile phone, but when you have to actually write to them it's a different matter, until Christmas comes around, and then you can send a card with a brief note promising a novella-sized letter in the new year, and the problem is once more postponed indefinitely.

edit: I did text the news about the meeting in Leeds to Rob, and immediately got the reply I'd expected: "I wonder why they haven't invited me?". This went on for 3 or 4 more texts, and I was sorely tempted to use the "it's always about you isn't it?" line, but then he turned up on the doorstep with a christmas card, and we had a brief chat about it - I can understand his point about the fact that nobody has even acknowledged receipt of his email, but he seems to be losing sight of the fact that if I hadn't stuck my neck out and made the complaint in the first place, he'd still be muttering beneath his breath and doing sod-all about it, as would everybody else.

No comments: