Wednesday 19 December 2007

IT'S A HOLI-HOLI-DAAAY

All bad things are now put aside. I went out for a pint and a chat with my friend Jules last night to the Ferry Inn, which was really nice. Today I called in at work with my Secret Santa present and cards for the team and I'd baked them a cake, which was very well received. I did consider going to the gym this afternoon, but it's too cold. Yes, you heard me right, it's too cold. A pathetic excuse I know, as it will probably be colder tomorrow, but my joints are all achy and I generally don't feel "right". I will go tomorrow, I promise.
I'm currently helping to organise our Sustrans ride and meal - following a conversation with Roanna this morning I've drafted a letter to go out to Rangers asking for their preferences, which I shall post tomorrow with christmas cards. It feels good to be spreading some good news for a change. I don't have to contemplate work until 31st December, and I don't have to think about my complaints until after the new year, so I can now devote my time and energies to good things. Now I'm beginning to make my presence felt as Liaison Ranger it feels good. I was very nervous about doing it at first, as I thought they'd all resent this upstart newcomer, but that's just my own innate paranoia.

No comments: