Saturday 1 December 2007

SILENCE ON SATURDAY PART DEUX

Next Friday I have been invited to the opening of the all new Sustrans Office in Cardiff, which I'm really looking forward to. It'll be good to see Gwyn again and to meet some of the other Liaison Rangers. It's prompted me to sort out my Sustrans administration, and in promoting the Connect2 bid, it's put me back in touch with a "lost" friend in North Wales, though I probably won't hear from him again for another 4 years!
Sue phoned from Cardigan last night - it was a delight to hear from her, and she sounds so much better now she has a job and an "identity" in Cardigan. Hopefully she will come and visit us over the next couple of months. I feel that getting free from my obligations at the poetry night was the right step to take, and that it was the right time to take it. People are often too possessive of other peoples' "talent" - just because I wrote some good poetry 20 years ago doesn't mean I should still be slaving away at it now, but people, especially those who have come to know me through that medium, feel that I should keep slaving away at it, if only to keep their interest, after all, what could I possibly have to talk about beyond that?

No comments: