Saturday 29 December 2007

BETWEEN THE FESTIVALS

My coughing seems to have abated somewhat at last, just a few phlegmy attacks in the early mornings, though the dizziness/lightheadedness continues, though also not as bad as it was. I had a bad mood day yesterday, and consequently slept very badly last night. Today I have busied myself with breadmaking and general kitchen-related tasks, and the blackness has lightened throughout the day. Yesterday I felt very claustrophobic, probably because we have all been housebound for a few days now, and with the addition of a sister-in-law the house seems much smaller than it actually is. I dearly wanted to go out, but there was simply nowhere to run. I find myself sending off silly, irrelevant texts to friends who'll probably wonder at the state of my mental health if they take any notice at all - their lack of replies is noteworthy.
This is an aspect of Wales I don't like - the complete lack of a viable alternative.
I have also been sorting out the travel and accomodation arrangements for my forthcoming trip to Leeds, and it's looking like it will necessitate being away for three days - Thursday to get there, Friday to have the meeting (which is scheduled for 6 hours!) and Saturday to return. The first night will be spent ensconced in a hotel, but Friday I should be able to stay with the sister-in-law, and Saturday Morning I'm hoping to arrange a meeting with some friends from Moblog, as there are quite a few in the area, and it would be a shame to miss such an opportunity.
This prospect has cheered me up no end, as I had thought that I was to spend an hour or so in a meeting followed by a dash for the train and a further 8 hour journey home all in the same day, with no chance for enjoyment or relaxation. I might check out whether travelling back on Sunday is a viable option, though I seriously doubt it.

1 comment:

Ted said...

Oh please don't note my lack of replies, I was hoping i was getting away with it...


PS - If this was referring to someone else even worse at replying to texts than me, then please don't note this comment either.