Friday 14 December 2007

THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE, BUT WHERE DID THE REST OF THE WEEK GO?

It all goes by so fast. Wednesday I went to Carmarthen by train to attend the BEC, which was by no means a wasted journey, even though I failed in my bid to be co-opted back onto the BEC, I now know who my allies are. To date three complaints (including mine) have gone in to the union, though only my case has been put forward at work. I was very nervous about going, and was kept out of the room for 45 minutes while the arguments raged, and decided to leave at lunchtime as there was little point in staying on. I got dreadfully confused over train times and suddenly had an hour to kill after all my rushing hither and thither, so I spent some time admiring and taking photos of the Millenium Bridge in Carmarthen, which is an awesome structure, and really fits in well with the landscape surrounding it.
I bought a filofax while I was there, to keep track of my Sustrans and Union work mainly, and started to place my friends' contact details on the journey back. I had to text a couple of them to check their postcodes, and when I received an email from Ted telling me that Sustrans had won the bid for £50,000,000 of Lottery funding my mood was instantly lifted. It is fantastic news and I am proud to be an active part of Sustrans.
Texts were flying all over the place the whole day on Wednesday - there are now around 100 in my inbox! A very stressful and demanding day which laid me a little low on Thursday, so I ducked out of the curry I was supposed to be having in Tenby with the people from the mediation session. Thursday evening I was so annoyed by the complete lack of response from PCS that I fired off an angry email to most of the top brass demanding a response from someone in authority who could do something, and received a reply this morning telling me to be patient!
Are they all complete blundering idiots? This is obviously why MK has been getting away with it for so long.
This morning I have been to the gym and had a good workout on the bike, treadmill and rowing machine, and I feel better for it. I need to get the gym sessions built into my weekly routine, and start swimming. My legs are pretty fit but anything above that needs quite a bit of work.
I need to clean and lubricate my mountain bike, but keep putting it off.
I also need to get my christmas cards out to the local bike shops with my contact details on. I'm determined to be a good liaison ranger!
Tonight is the Lantern Procession through town and then Santa's appearance at the park. I was shown photos of the lantern my wife has been working on and was very jealous that she can make time to do this kind of thing while I have to wageslave to support her. It is however a very good lantern, so I'm also quite proud of her, but at the moment it's only serving to remind me of my own misery.

No comments: