Thursday 20 December 2007

STUMBLING THROUGH THE DAY

Woke up this morning with a bad cough and a pounding in my head, only the pounding wasn't in my head, it's builders outside replacing the guttering on our row of houses. My neck was aching pretty badly, and I generally felt run down and achey. Spent the morning writing out Christmas Cards for all the Sustrans Rangers, to send with letters about the forthcoming meeting. As it's the first I've co-organised, I want it to be a success. Roanna, the new Ranger Co-ordinator, is every bit as good as Gwyn at responding to emails, which always impresses me.
I have found that the simple act of writing things down is helping my memory problem. I'll remember things which are written on my to do list without having to look at it again. When I was performing poetry, I found that some poems would stick in my memory after a few readings, but some wouldn't - there would be a line somewhere upon which I would always stumble, and when that happens it tends to freeze me up - I can't think beyond that line, and it's not good to suddenly forget the rest of a poem, believe me the audience does notice! If I have the book with me and open at the right page, though, I can usually sail through the poem with no problem without having to actually read the page, it acts like a security blanket. Writing this reminds me that I have to organise a writers' workshop sometime soon. Now my self-confidence seems to be gradually improving, I feel more able to tackle things like this.

No comments: